Tuesday, November 4, 2008

a month of Thanksgiving :)

Digging deep for gratitude when none is at the top of my mind is hard, fun, challenging, necessary. Yes, I have much to be grateful for, the list is not too far from my mind. Yet on days when I'm not feeling it, where is my focus?

These are the days I must begin with everyday things, things I should be humbled by. Am I not grateful for health when so many are ill? Am I not grateful for food, when so very many are hungry? Am I not grateful for the freedom to worship, so many are in prisons for seeking this same freedom?

Today Father I am grateful for life, love, and for Your generous Spirit. Father today I pray for the faith of the hungry, the faith of those that are sick, Father for the faith of the imprisoned. Today I am grateful for faith when so much is going great for me. May I continue to have faith in a season of loss? Father today I am grateful for all the blessings You have given me, Your love humbles this unworthy sinner, I love you, amen.

No comments: