Thursday, December 18, 2008

Grateful for friends

Today I am grateful for friends that make me giggle. I go to my sweet friends blog and read her kicking and nudging her way into gratitude and I just smile outloud into a fit of giggles. Wanna laugh too? Go to www.debily.com
There are mornings it is tough to FEEL grateful, to wrap the warm blessings of The Most High around you and know you are HIS.
Everyone would much prefer a promised tomorrow over a blessed today, myself included. Financial security is important, it can rob you of "The Moment" you might be sharing with your child, or your neighbor. Today I want to keep my focus on my "daily" bread as opposed to worry about tomorrow's. Today Lord I want to hear my children laughing and enjoy it instead of hearing it as noise while I'm busy stressing out.
Today Father I am grateful for today. I am grateful for children making noise, being happy and excited. Today God I'm grateful to not be alone in a snowy field, but in the company of fellow believers that make me giggle.

1 comment:

debily said...

Oh, you thought I was being funny?? *grin* Thanks so much for your challenge...especially on mornings like yesterday. God can take a small thing like a blog post and use it to turn my attitude inside out...if I am honest with Him and myself. If I allow Him to be the Abba, Daddy, that He is, He can bring His wisdom and comfort to grumpy ol' me.