Monday, December 1, 2008

Turkey day without apple pie?

The table was beautiful, family was just finishing dinner, and out came dessert. Now keep in mind God asked me to not eat anymore chocolate. 1st pie, chocolate silk pie, pies 2 and 3 chocolate custard type pies, pie 3 pumpkin cheesecake turtle pie, with chocolate and pecans on top!!!! Oh Lord, am I to go dessertless on Thanksgiving? Is that allowed? I think there's a law that mandates dessert on Thanksgiving. What am I to do?
Then my hubby seeing the panic in my face, the room I had saved for dessert was at risk of not being filled. He casually scrapes the beautiful topping of pecans and chocolate from the pumpkin cheesecake and I slice a sliver for my "dessert place".
Today Lord I am grateful for a husband that may not agree that you spoke to me about chocolate, but supports it anyway, and without hesitation helps me out.
I need to ask, has tradition gone so far away that pumpkin and apple pie have been replaced? I loved that part of the meal just as much as I do the Turkey. Next year I am probably not making either, but I will certainly buy both!!!!

No comments: