Tuesday, October 7, 2008

and the beat goes on.....

It's fairly easy to allow anger/ negativity to boil over. It would not be hard to get on a roll and just go on and on about what I may see or feel as wrong/unfair. But I have come to see that as dance music for satan. And the beat goes on if we allow it, satan gets down at our expense. Funny his happiness is ALWAYS at the expense of our happiness. Catching myself before I really begin to sink in self pity is an awesome blessing. Feeling myself settle into the muck of discouragement is so unsettling. Cool thing is I can always pull myself up by my boot straps with a simple word or two of gratitude. Then as if eager to wash the muck completely away and stop satans dance party I begin to list more and more reasons, realities I'm so grateful for, then as if a new song plays, the beat is mine, a joyful noise. See me, I'm dancing to the gift of worship, to the sound of praise. satan no longer is dancing, he is stomping mad, then in the presence of the Most High, satan must leave, I've made it known he is not welcome at my dance party. Gratitude is catchy and soon my neighbors will see my dance and ask me what I'm listening to. They will want to join the celebration too.
God today I am grateful for the opportunity to live like I'm at your party, to not allow satan in, and to make others not only welcome but eager to see whats it's all about.
Lord, thank you for the responses I receive to threads of gratitude, thank you for giving me this window into your workroom, that I may see The Master at work.

No comments: