Thursday, October 23, 2008

The depth of HIS sorrow...

Oh it must be tough watching all this from above, from HIS place of love.
To see HIS children spend lifetimes needing to beg, sometimes steal, other times borrow.
As I glance towards the skies hoping to catch a glimpse of HIM, I wonder are there tears in HIS eyes?
I admit sometimes I have wondered "how can God allow all this", other times I ache for HIM because we are HIS and HE watches all this happen.
To see your child hurt can break a parents heart, God is our Father how does HE stand all HIS pain?
Israel oh Israel when will you call upon HIM as The Most High?
In the beginning of learning about these wondering disobediant Israelites I was so hasty to judge, "how could they be this way?" To see God daily, to have HIS daily bread every morning, and still disobey? You are HIS chosen, be humbled and serve.
Lord, my Father, today I am grateful that you have given me an Israelite view of myself. I am wondering about my desert, seeing you daily and still not completely being obediant to you. I know of Your glory firsthand, I have felt the tenderness of your powerful hand in my life, I am just like an Israelite. God I am your chosen child, we all are, just like the Israelites. God today I am grateful for you showing me I am judging myself ,I am just like them. With one exception: I am blessed with their history in writing, YOUR word is there to teach me, to allow me to not judge them but attempt to learn from their mistakes. Today I am grateful for YOUR word, and the blessings you give us thru it.

No comments: