Friday, September 26, 2008

a break in the heart, a healing God.

Today God woke me up asking to be first. I mean time in His word, which I've been doing, but to do it before anything else. Thus far I have taken a moment to make a cup of coffee to enjoy while reading His word, but today He said me first. So with groggy eyes and a belly growling for coffee I stepped into Him. I am reading Exodus and am in chapter 21. I'm not exactly sure why God wanted me to read about all His commandments and other rules before coffee, but I know it will make sense later. I do know God has been laying the word obediance and faith on me alot lately. Is He in His infinate wisdom laying down the ground work for something to come? Absolutely !!! Do I trust Him that it is important to take heed now to reap later, absolutely!!! God is asking me things and I am being obediant and my faith is growing and God is asking me things and I am being obediant and my faith is growing, what a wonderful cycle dontcha think?
This morning I read of a friends husband having cancer, my heart broke a little for her and her husband and family. Then God said I have a plan, I am the healer, all will be done to serve my plan, and I felt better.
I'm not sure what Gods plan is for me, and to be honest I do not want to know, ever. You see our God see's so much more in us than we can see in ourselves. We can see a step, but the whole plan might overwhelm us, might make us slip up because we do not agree. But a step we can handle.
God today I am grateful for each step and for the mercy and grace of you allowing us to see back to how far we've come because of you. May I trust in your plan and be grateful for the sole task of taking a step.

No comments: