Friday, September 12, 2008

thankful for the opportunity...

Have you ever woke up from a nightmare, a reminder of your own past and thought to yourself " not today satan, you are not bringing me down today by throwing that crud at me". Well I have, many many many a time. Or have you seen a child being loved thru an accident( spilt milk) as opposed to the reprimanding you might have done just yesterday?
This kinda stuff has been a tool of satans for far too long in my life. Recently in a study a revelation absolutely freed me. Not a verse from the book in the bible although that happens as often . But God showed me satan can only use the tools we leave unattended. Like mistakes, or poor choices and actions. So I've begun waking up from these with the ability to remove these tools, to dis-arm satan. The minute I wake up I am grateful for the reminder of things I need to seek forgiveness for. Quickly and earnestly I pray for forgiveness for that particular thing or action and quickly God assumes that tool for His purpose.
It is not a tool to bring me discouragement any longer, and if that crafty satan tries using it again I am quick to say oh silly serpent I am forgiven.
Today I am grateful to God for showing me the things I have long buried in the depths of me out of shame and guilt. Once they are brought up I can ask for forgiveness, I can beg for this to somehow be turned into a work of God, and I am freed from that stronghold. I am reminded that The Creator will Always claim victory over the crafty. amen. thank you Father.

No comments: