Wednesday, September 3, 2008

gratitude

it's probably a bit hard to see why I love this picture, let me explain. Here we have a puppy and a husband that did not want to get a puppy. Both playing and both smiling and just having fun. (I'm almost positive Charlie is smiling anyway, I can't really see his face). I am grateful for each moment I see these two together. Charlie is close to 2 yrs old and many of these moments catch my eye. Never did it enter my mind that Tim would love Charlie the way Charlie loves Tim. I pictured Tim grumbling each day about this dog, making the decision to get him regrettable. Than God made this happen, God made Tim care for this dog when I was tired from getting up 3-4 times a night. Begrudgingly at first but soon Tims heart was smitten(he'll never admit it) Now I watch Charlie and Tim play, read the paper, just share time together and I'm reminded how God can make something I pictured so difficult, so very beautiful. Days when I think life is difficult I need to remember this picture and realize what the world can make difficult, God can make it beautiful. Thank you my sweet Father for revelations and brand new ways to see things. My love for you overflows.

No comments: