Monday, September 15, 2008

God is Good....amen

I am just so grateful today. Saturday was a great day, then Sunday's lesson from Bruce was great, God is talking to me and I'm just as excited as all get out that He is.
First I want to say that I'm so sorry for the good people that live in southern Texas right now, Ike came ashore and was destructive. I'm grateful Ike did not get as strong as the news people said it might, enough destruction was wreaked upon our coast. My prayers are with them.
I am grateful that most people took head and left when warned.

Now, I want to say that I'm grateful God is working my planner as opposed to me working God into my planner. Ever since I decided to really get into His word, study it so I can know Him more, He has provided me the time to do it. I don't know how. My day is still busy, I work, have kids and a husband, but it's all working out. God is allowing me to study more and more and still the shopping gets done, laundry is done, my house is clean, dog gets fed, I work. AND, yeah get this, I have time to enjoy my family. I mean its like I have time to get everything done, study Gods word, and hang out with the kids. Each Saturday morning we are just going bike riding, or I take them to the skatepark and they skate while I read my bible. Its amazing, I'm not stressed about "quality time" , I'm enjoying quality time. There's a big difference. I am excited, I mean thrilled to absolute delight that God handles all this and I'm not mad at all that He does it a gazillion times better than me. Do I have days that seem a bit full? Yes But I pray and peace is there, just knowing that I need to let go of the planner and let Him do His thing is HUGE.

No comments: