Monday, September 29, 2008

It can be scary....or it can just be an experience.

This is a picture of my hubby, cute as a bug and joking around in this pic. Now we both had faith in that one foot holding him in place while I got the picture. Faith....what an exquisite reality we have available to us. Today God I am grateful for faith in you, faith that can change something from being scary and incredibly unpredictible to an experience of getting to know more of you. It is so hard sometimes to not try and control situations, to take back what we've lifted up to God in prayer. Patience is a refiner of faith in God I believe. I've caught myself not completely letting go of a situation, ya'know just in case God was busy:). Picking up a task I left at the cross because I felt God could use a hand. While my mistakes will continue because at my own hand I'm an idiot, lost without a map. Today I'm grateful God reveals my mis-steps to me and will not easily let go of something I have given Him to handle for me. God reminds me of reasons I left it with Him in the first place. My God is faithful, my God is true. I know this because of the verses He is storing away in my heart. Memorizing verses for the first time since I was a child. I'm not exactly sure why He is storing away these particular ones but I trust Him enough to hold tight to them. Plus now that He put those there I feel ready for more. Life can be scary, watching the news can send you to the nearest piece of chocolate. Faith assures me that this is an experience that He will see me thru. I take faith in the Lord my God over scary anyday :) Thank you God I am grateful for You.

No comments: