Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Grateful to be challenged

My son Anthony is a real treat. This is him after his graduation ceremony from Navy league Cadet Corp Boot Camp. This is a jr program the U.S.Navy has for kids that want to learn about the Navy. They drill the 3rd weekend of each month and yes go to bootcamp for a week during the summer. As a mom I handled this week as a complete wimp, I called officers daily with concern. Anthony however handled this week away from mom like a champ. They do this at a real base with real military people doing real military things (on a downsized scale). Anthony is fearless to challenge, he always raises his hand at any opportunity to try something new.
Well I am learning to accept challenges as blessings. We have a new study on Hebrews in our life group and this workbook taunts me it seems. I am just not getting it, I mean week 1 day 1 has me challenged. Our pastor is without a doubt blessed big time intellectually, and his writing shows it. Me, well I'm not so blessed and the language, while english is hard for me to wrap my noodle around. 3 times yesterday I tried and was defeated . This morning God says try again Lisa, I am expanding you to learn more, try harder. If God believes I can do this than by His will I will do it. The bible says God will never ask more of me than I can give even if I believe I am unable. So again today I will try and today I will receive the blessing of a challenge faced and conquered. Today I am grateful to my heavenly father that does not let me sit things out, but props me up till I can stand. As my son stands in this picture between 2 of his commanding officers I want to bow down before my father some day so He can smile at me and say " see that wasn't so tough eh Lisa"

No comments: