Thursday, September 18, 2008

it is overwhelming...but please overwhelm me again and again.


God is opening my eyes to see Him at work and it is overwhelming to see such a confirmation of Him. Monday mornings I send out a threads of gratitude email to friends, co-workers, sisters, loved ones. Each time someone replies with their own list of gratitude I get to see it, see Him at work. Sometimes I'm reduced to a heap of tears, bawling with amazement, sometimes I chuckle at how amazing He is. But the best part is knowing that it's all Him.
This is a picture near the bottom of bridal veil Falls in Yosemite, and I could've sat there all day listening to the sounds, watching the movement of the water, the smells of nature like a tonic for my soul. Most pictures I share on this blog involve nature, because that is when I felt closest to God. More and more God is blessing me with the priviledge of feeling close to Him here at home, y'know in the city, around people and noise and lets face it some unpleasant smells. God is showing me His beauty can be seen everywhere. Its trully amazing for me to learn this, love this. I still long for days near a lake, or on a mountain, just a bit away from it all. But to have this when I'm not hiking or biking or "on vacation" is awesome.
Today God I am tickled to a point of side aches and tears that you continue to reveal your works to me, scratch that, that my eyes are now opened to see your works, they have never been hiding, just not seen by me. I love you Lord and am grateful for Your grace and mercy.

No comments: