Friday, September 5, 2008

serenity of obediance

There is a calmness, a sweet serenity I feel when in obediance to my Father. Its like a warm blankie on a cool evening. Or that 1 piece of chocolate you allow yourself when dieting all month long. The world is still chaotic, homework is still a battle to be won, dinner needs to be made then cleaned up after, the daily chores still need to be done. All the while a peace covers me, a Father listens to me, and I feel serenity. This is a blessing I am overwhelmed with gratitude for.
This picture was taken from the deck of a ship we were on, a family vacation last year. Its quite humbling to be out in the midst of His ocean, nothing but water all around you, not even a bird travels this far away from land today. So tiny I felt, so far removed from my life. Yet on that boat, far from home He was just a prayer away, if even that far. I felt Him with me, like He was showing me a new perspective. I find it wonderful to know that even when my dearest earthly friend is a international call away @ $ 5.00/min. My Father is but a whisper away no matter where I am. And His excitement at showing me things is as if we are both seeing it for the first time, He is gentle that way. Father does His reprimanding, and boy can He prune me, but He also never hesitates to show me beauty as well.
I greet at my home church and there's a beauty He shows me every time, it's that of the children running into the church, smiling and bouncing there way into His house. I love it every time I see it and I hear Him saying "see their joy to be here" You my child should feel that joy in being here cuz I'm just inside those doors encouraging you with open arms saying "come to me".
Today I am grateful, so very grateful to be a child of God's.

1 comment:

debily said...

What a beautiful picture. It's great to have times like that to remind us of just how big our God is...and how near to us He wants to be.